Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I returned to work today, after a month's vacation.

So why not write about it?

If you don't know, I work for my Sustainability professor.  I do research for him, finding information on the internet to make into graphs and charts and tables for his in-progress textbook.  Today I focused a lot on water, in New York especially.  Looked at some pictures of the watershed, and the way water moves around to the city.  After several distractions, I got pretty productive and made several Microsoft Excel files with information on water and other things.
I'm not sure where I'm going with this... It seems really boring the way I wrote it.  The work itself is a bit tedious, but it's nice that I get to read about sustainability for a few hours a day.  It's good for me.
I've learned some things about myself through this though.  I'm not meant to work in an office.  All my inspirations and ideas involve me doing things.  I wanna be out there in the field, figuring out sustainable agriculture, or out on a boat, restocking the blue fin tuna population.  Maybe I'm too swayed by pride, but doing these things would make me feel good about myself, and about my mission.  I want to pioneer a movement, even though I know I'll face obstacles.  Maybe I dream too big.  Maybe I need to be a little more realistic, or make my aspirations a little more specific.  But I have time for all that.
This turned out to be a bit of a rant, but oh well.
I need some inspiration.  Time to be creative, maybe do some art.

Oh, and I bought a recycled notebook today as well.  It's the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment